Photo Gallery

Mulch Fire at Hooked Up
Tuesday, November 28, 2017

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017, at 1402 hours, your Millville Volunteer Fire Company was alerted to respond to a field fire on Town Center Drive, in the shopping center.  The fire was located to the side of Hooked Up.  Due to the small size fire, MVFC Brush-Unit was all that was required to extinguish this mulch fire.   For the second time today, EMS Chief John Watson had to trade in his EMS Hat for a Fire Helmet to oversee this small event. 

It is quite probable that someone discarded a lit cigarette into the mulch.  Just be reminded that this time of year the mulch is very dry and it does not take much to ignite mulch.

Hooked-Up Manger, Brian Mushrush, also a member of MVFC assisted the fire crew.  

Views: 31

Views: 37

Views: 33