This engine is the very first new piece of motorized equipment ever purchased by the Millville Vol. Fire Company. It represents one of only a handful of fire engines built in 1945 due to the shortage of materials during World War II. Engine 84-3, as it was designated at the time, remained in service until the mid 1980’s when it was finally retired. This unit is affectionately known as “Mom” and now serves in parades, funerals, and other special events.
This is the only 1945 Autocar Pumper operational in the world!